Plaquemines Parish PreK
Plaquemines Parish PreK is a state funded program that promotes school readiness to 4 year old children from disadvantaged families along with a limited number of over-income families. We offer a learning environment that supports children's growth in many areas, such as language, literacy, and social and emotional development.
We provide services to 140 age 4 children from families who are Plaquemines Parish residents. Our PreKs operate five days a week within local schools. We follow the Plaquemines Parish School Board school calendar.
PPSB PreK Program at a Glance:
- State Funded
- Degreed Classroom Teachers
- State-issued Teaching Certificate
- Research-based Curriculum
- Full Inclusion for Children with Special Need
- Interactive Smart Boards Computers and iPads in Classrooms
- Nutritious Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks Provided
- Transportation provided to enrolled 4-5 year old children
- Must reside in Plaquemines Parish
- Plaquemines Parish children age four from disadvantaged families, with a limited number of over-income children, are eligible for PreK services.
- Family income at or below federal poverty level, with a small percentage of families over the federal poverty level. (NOTE: Lower income families will be services first.)
- 4 years of age by September 30th of current school year.
PLAQUEMINES PARISH PRE-K LOCATIONS: