2023-2024 Early Childhood Application (Available February 1st)
Enrolling children ages Birth to Four for all programs.
We are enrolling infants and toddlers for childcare districtwide. We are also enrolling 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds districtwide within childcare and schools.
Enrollment is not first come, first served.
Our free cost to family programs are based on income (see the chart to the right). SNAP, Foster or homeless children are automatically eligible for a spot for most programs that are offered. The free cost to family programs are available for ages birth to four.
Must be a Plaquemines Parish resident to attend Head Start and PreK school-based classrooms.
Proof of Residency must show a 911 physical address within the school's attendance zone for all Head Start and Pre-K applicants.
If you have any questions, please call the Early Childhood Office at 504-595-6430 between the hours of 8:00am - 3:00p, Monday-Friday.
GATHER the following required documentation to complete the application. Make sure that ALL documents are available because you will be prompted to upload before submitting the application and will not be able to access once submitted.
1. Child's Birth Certificate
2. Proof of Income (choose 1 of the following)
- 4 consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT OR CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD within 2 months from the date of applying. (If a parent works less than 40 hours per week, he/she MUST provide a letter from their employer indicating how many hours, on average, they work per week.
- An official letter from your employer stating where the parent/guardian is employed, the hourly rate of pay, and the average number of hours the parent/guardian works per week.
- Statement from Social Security Administration verifying the CHILD is a recipient of SSI benefits AND 4 current check stubs. SSI benefits for any other household member must be accompanied by other income documentation, if applicable.
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS.
3. Three Proofs of Residency (Must include physical address)
- At least 1 of the following:
- Lease Agreement
- Mortgage Agreement
- Homestead Exemption
- AND 2 of the following:
- Utility Bill: Electric, Gas, Water, Cable, and/or Home Phone/Internet (Bill should be dated in the current month or previous month at the time of application)
- At least 1 of the following:
Proof of Residency must be in the Parent/Guardian's Name
P.O. Box addresses cannot be used as proof of residency
Proof of Residency must show a 911 Physical Address within Plaquemines Parish AND within the School's Attendance Zone
Proof of residency must be current.
4. Child's Social Security Card
5. Child's Immunization Record (If NOT vaccinated in the state of LA)
6. Legal or Custody Papers, if applicable
7. Child's IEP, if applicable
8. Medicaid or private insurance card for Head Start applications
9. Car Insurance Card for Head Start applications
10. Parent or Guardian's Drivers' License/Photo ID (not acceptable for
11. PPSB Access to Louisiana Medicaid Benefit Form (found at the bottom of this page)
12. PPSB Fillable Forms (PREK PPSB PACK file at the bottom of this page)
CALCULATE your gross annual income (total before taxes). You will need to provide this information on the application.
CHOOSE which program to apply to. If you are applying for Head Start or PreK, please only select the school in your residency zone.
NOTE: If applying for Child Care CCAP assistance AND child is Birth to 4 years old, application must be completed for all centers. See Child Care Centers tab for phone number.
If your child is currently enrolled in one of our Head Start Programs OR your family has applied in prior school years, SKIP THIS STEP. You DO NOT need to complete the application. Your child's information is already in the system. Please proceed to the What To Do After Submitting My Application (tab found on the top right of this page). When you email your documents in Step 5, please note that your child is currently enrolled in Head Start or your family has applied in previous years.
All other children, please proceed to the application link below. You will be prompted to upload the documents listed above as you complete the application. Need help scanning from your phone? See document below.
Click here to START Application.
Haga clic aquí para español.
Medicaid School Use Form. All registers will need to fill out the form below.
Click below to find the Pre-K School Form